Advice Direct Scotland's Countdown to Christmas 2022
Throughout December, Advice Direct Scotland will be looking at the different areas that may be in the forefront of the minds of Scottish consumers this festive season in our ‘Countdown to Christmas’ campaign.
The campaign will consider the ways we can keep on top of things financially; our consumer rights; and the sources of support that are available when we need them. From Thursday the 1st of December, the campaign will encourage people to enjoy the festivities, whilst ensuring we start 2023 in the best position possible.
The campaign will look at –
- Holiday Shopping – Gifts and financial planning – avoiding overspending.
- Food Shopping & Budgeting – Planning in advance and avoiding waste.
- Money & Debt – Managing money and debt over the festive period, communicating with creditors effectively – The support that Advice Direct Scotland can offer.
- Energy Help – How do we communicate with our energy suppliers if we are falling behind? The support that the energyadvice.scot team at Advice Direct Scotland provide. Key dates to remember in December.
- Home Heating – What can we do if energy costs have become unmanageable? Support available from the Scottish Government’s Home Heating Support Fund through homeheatingadvice.scot.
- Consumer Rights – What are our rights when shopping online? Deliveries, returns and refunds. Spotting the signs of counterfeit goods and scams. How can the team at consumeradvice.scot help?
- All things sales – Boxing Day and New Year sales. What are our rights?
The campaign will run throughout the festive period, sharing practical and actionable advice and information with Scottish consumers.